Simparica Chews for Dogs
Simparica is a fast-acting oral flea and ticks preventative that begins killing fleas and ticks within hours of administration and remains effective for one month to prevent re-infestations. It is indicated for the treatment and prevention of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides felis), and the treatment and control of tick infestations [Amblyomma americanum (Lone Star tick), Amblyomma maculatum (Gulf Coast tick), Dermacentor variabilis (American dog tick), and Rhipicephalus sanguineus (brown dog tick)].
Why Simparica chews?
- Protects dogs from ticks and fleas for 35 days
- Stays strong all month long, unlike some other products
- Starts killing ticks and fleas fast
- Only monthly tick and flea chewable approved to kill 5 types of ticks, including the Gulf Coast tick.
- In a study, Simparica blocked transmission of Lyme disease from deer ticks to dogs
- FDA-approved and available at the vet’s office
- Great-tasting chewable you give your dog once a month
Simparica begins to kill adult fleas within 3 hours and ticks within 8 hours of administration. Treatment with Simparica may begin at any time of the year and is safe to use year-round without interruption. Simparica is given monthly.
How Simparica Chews for dogs works:
Simparica contains the active ingredient sarolaner, which inhibits the function of the neurotransmitter gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptor and glutamate receptor, and works at the neuromuscular junction in insects. This results in uncontrolled neuromuscular activity leading to death in insects or acarines. Simparica is administered once a month directly by mouth or can be crumbled and mixed with food. To minimize the likelihood of flea re-infestation, it is important to treat all dogs and cats within a household with an approved flea control product.