REVOLUTION FOR PUPPIES & KITTENS – 6 PACK
Effective. Safe. Comprehensive. REVOLUTION.
Revolution for cats is a safe and simple monthly topical medication used to protect your pet from heartworms, fleas, and ear mites. It also protects dogs from ticks and sarcoptic mange and cats from roundworms and hookworms.
Revolution for Dogs and Cats
Dogs (6 weeks of age or older and no weight requirement)
Cats (8 weeks of age or older and no weight requirement)
REVOLUTION FOR PUPPIES & KITTENS Benefits:
Protects your pet from heartworms and fleas
Fights both internal and surface parasitic infections
Treats Sarcoptic mange in dogs
Treats and controls ear mites
Controls American Dog Tick infestation
Treats and controls roundworms and hookworms in cats
Only administered once a month
Safe and easy to use
How does Revolution for puppies under 5 lbs work:
REVOLUTION FOR PUPPIES & KITTENS works by penetrating the skin and entering your pet’s bloodstream. Concentrations of selamectin, the active ingredient, in the tissue and bloodstream prevent heartworm disease. Selamectin also redistributes into the skin from the bloodstream and kills adult fleas, American dog ticks, and ear mites, and prevents flea eggs from hatching. It is also an anthelmintic, which means it fights to expel parasitic worms. Parasites ingest the drug when they feed on the animal’s blood. Revolution is safe for pregnant and lactating pets.
Once you’ve applied it, Revolution is quickly absorbed into your pet’s bloodstream, killing heartworm and in cats, even intestinal worms.
As it moves into your pet’s skin and hair, it gets down to the business of killing fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs and other external parasites.
Revolution will then continue to fully protect your pet for an entire month, regardless of how long your pet’s hair is.. After the month is up, a new dose needs to be applied.
Fleas, and the importance of treating surrounding areas
Did you know that the adult fleas on your cat and dog represent only about 5% of the total flea population your pet is living with? So where are the other 95%? They’re happily existing in your pet’s everyday indoor and outdoor living environments.
Revolution hunts down that massive 95% of fleas by hitching a ride on the hair and dander your pet sheds in and around your home. The Revolution absorbed into these tissues comes into contact with the fleas, eggs and larvae in those living areas, killing them, stopping them from hatching, and preventing them from reaching adulthood and continuing their creepy little life cycles.
See how Revolution for cats stacks up against the competition
What is the active ingredient in Revolution for cats?
According to the REVOLUTION FOR PUPPIES & KITTENS product overview, the active ingredient in Revolution is Selamectin. It is known as a “macrocyclic lactone compound.” The substance is known to prevent the development of heartworm when it is given within a month of exposure to the Dirofilaria immitis larvae.
At what age can you use REVOLUTION FOR PUPPIES & KITTENS?
Revolution is a topical parasiticide that is applied to the skin of dogs six weeks of age and older and cats eight weeks of age and older to kill adult fleas and prevent flea eggs from hatching, prevent heartworm disease and protect your pet against other parasites (see below).
Does revolution for cats kill Adult fleas? Yes!
Does revolution for cats kill Flea eggs? Yes!
Does revolution for cats kill Ear mites? Yes!
Does revolution for cats kill Heartworms? Yes!